*Disclaimer: my workouts are designed specially for me by my coach, Jake Gillette. I will be giving you some general ideas of what I did over the last week, but not all the specifics since they are designed to meet the level I am at, for what my goals are, and it is also my coaches business.
This week, it was back to trading for the Vermont City Marathon. Running 2 marathon 4 weeks apart is tricky. On the one hand, I am trying to recover from a difficult marathon at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Marathon on April 30th. On the other hand, I am getting ready to hopefully have a better race in Burlington, VT. It’s difficult mixing Recovery with actual training and I won’t be fully recovered before I travel out east. But I am the one that signed up for this, no one else is making me. Honestly, it I was making my own training plan or following one I found online, I would probably just start by training with what I did 3 weeks before Jall of Fame and go from there. I used to do exactly that. That’s the advantage of having a coach. You get personalized workouts to meet you with where you are and adjustments can be made.
- Monday: 6 miles easy
- Tuesday: 8 mile progressive run
- Wednesday: 6 miles easy
- Thursday: 6 total miles (1 mile warm up, 2 miles at marathon race pace, 1 mile easy, 1 mile all out, 1 mile cool down)
- Friday: 7 miles easy
- Saturday: 12 miles with surges
- Sunday: rest day but did 1 mile with the kids.
Total for the week: 46 miles
Total for May: 61.4
Total for 2017: 880.86
- May 28 Vermont City Marathon (use code “BibRaveDSCT” to save $5 on registration.).
- June 3 Sunburst HalfMarathon South Bend, IN
- June 7 The Big Run 5k hosted by Fleet Feet Sports amishawaka.
- June 10 Randy Miner Memorial Country Run Etna Green, IN
- June 17: Courthouse Classic Lagrange, IN
- July 16 Chicago Rock N Roll Half Marathon (use code BIBRAVE 15 to save $15 on registration)
- July 30 B Strong 5k Bremen, IN
More races and discounts to come in the near future!