*Disclaimer: my workouts are designed specially for me by my coach, Jake Gillette. I will be giving you some general ideas of what I did over the last week, but not all the specifics since they are designed to meet the level I am at, for what my goals are, and it is also my coaches business.
Well, I did it again. I missed another blog post about my training last week, so here is two weeks in one post. Seems like the week leading up to a big race, as well as a busy work schedule makes it difficult just to get it done. But here it is now.
- Monday: 6 easy
- Tuesday: 6.5 miles with 3 miles at 10k pace and then another mile all out.
- Wednesday: 6 easy
- Thursday: 5 easy
- Friday: rest day
- Saturday: 3.5 mile shake out run, plus a mile with Chloe in the Glass City Marathon kids fun run.
- Sunday: 13.1 miles in the Glass City Half Marathon
Total for the week: 41.1 miles
This week was all about the Glass City Half and you can find my review on that race Here. Let’s just say, this was the better of the races that during this two week span.
- Monday: rest day
- Tuesday: rest day
- Wednesday: 6 mile progressive run
- Thursday: 4 easy
- Friday: 4 easy
- Saturday: 3.1 miles in the Wakarusa Maple Syrup Festival 5k.
- Sunday: 26.2 in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Marathon
Total for the week: 43.3 miles
Total for April: 196.9
Total for 2017: 809.53
My race review on the Maple Syrup 5k is posted here, and marathon review is coming up later, but the 5k was just a shake out run and ran it in 21:00 flat and the marathon was just a race I would rather forget, but her le is a preview:
Happy running everyone!
- May 6 Davids Run for Autism in Nappanee, IN
- May 28 Vermont City Marathon (use code “BibRaveDSCT” to save $5 on registration.).
- June 3 Sunburst HalfMarathon South Bend, IN
- June 10 Randy Miner Memorial Country Run Etna Green, IN
- June 17: Courthouse Classic Lagrange, IN
- July 16 Chicago Rock N Roll Half Marathon (use code BIBRAVE 15 to save $15 on registration)
- More races and discounts to come in the near future!