*Disclaimer: my workouts are designed specially for me by my coach, Jake Gillette. I will be giving you some general ideas of what I did over the last week, but not all the specifics since they are designed to meet the level I am at, for what my goals are, and it is also my coaches business.
- Monday: 6 easy
- Tuesday: 6 miles with 5 x 2 minute surges.
- Wednesday: 6 miles east
- Thursday: 8 miles with hills
- Friday: 6 easy
- Saturday: 20 miles with 8 miles at goal marathon pace
- Sunday: rest day
Miles for the week: 52 miles
Total for April: 67.5
Total for 2017 692.33
This week I was starting to feel better after being sick the prior week but still not great workouts, even on the 20 miler. Just not s great result. On my easy runs, I have been focusing on what I will need to run to pace my friend Derek to a half marathon PR at the Glass City Half Marathon. Seem to have that pace locked in right now so we should be ready to go on April 23rd.
- April 23 Glass City Half Marathon (register using code “brpsavings” to save $5) in Toledo, OH
- April 29 Maple Syrup Festival 5k
- April 30 The Hall of Fame Marathon in Canton, OH
- May 6 Davids Run for Autism in Nappanee, IN
- May 28 Vermont City Marathon (use code “BibRaveDSCT” to save $5 on registration.).
- July 16 Chicago Rock N Roll Half Marathon (use code BIBRAVE 15 to save $15 on registration)
More races and discounts to come in the near future!