*Disclaimer: my workouts are designed specially for me by my coach, Jake Gillette. I will be giving you some general ideas of what I did over the last week, but not all the specifics since they are designed to meet the level I am at, for what my goals are, and it is also my coaches business.
Yep, that’s right, you get 2 weeks of training recaps for the price of 1 (mainly due to just a busy week last week and never getting around to doing it).
So let’s start with the week of March 6-12:
- Monday: 7 easy
- Tuesday: 8 miles. 1 mile warm up, 6 miles of interval work, 1 mile cool down
- Wednesday: 9 easy
- Thursday: 9 miles. 2 mile warm up, 5 miles at sub 2:50 marathon pace, 2 mile cool down
- Friday: 8 miles recovery
- Saturday: off for the Sarah Strong Run
- Sunday: 10 mile “long run”
Total for the week: 51 miles
The long run for the week was cut short (as scheduled) due to being the race director of the Sarah Strong Run on Saturday and pushing my run back a day. Overall, I was happy with this week. Thursday’s run was going well and on track through 5 miles with 2 hard miles until nature called and had to make a pit stop. Never got the speed back. Blast those afternoon runs.
Week of March 13-19
- Monday: 7 miles easy
- Tuesday: 8 miles 1 mile warm up, 800 meter intervals, 1 mile cooldown
- Wednesday: 6 miles easy
- Thursday: 9 miles progressive run
- Friday: 7 miles easy
- Saturday: 22 mile long run plus 2 miles at the Fleet Feet Sports Michiana Runners Festival
This week was a hard week. This was the highest mileage week that I have had so far in 2017 and consisted of my longest long run of the year so far. I actually cut my mileage back from 8-9 on Wednesday down to 6 miles so I could get a little rest. It paid off on my 9 mile progressive run as I hit my goal times on each mile except for the last hard mile but it was not slower than the mile before.
Total for the week: 61 miles
Total for the March: 163.4
Total for 2017 545.13
- April 23 Glass City Half Marathon (register using code “brpsavings” to save $5) in Toledo, OH
- April 30 The Hall of Fame Marathon in Canton, OH
- May 6 Davids Run for Autism in Nappanee, IN
- May 28 Vermont City Marathon (use code “BibRaveDSCT” to save $5 on registration.).
- July 16 Chicago Rock N Roll Half Marathon (use code BIBRAVE 15 to save $15 on registration)
More races and discounts to come in the near future!