*Disclaimer: my workouts are designed specially for me by my coach, Jake Gillette. I will be giving you some general ideas of what I did over the last week, but not all the specifics since they are designed to meet the level I am at, for what my goals are, and it is also my coaches business.
This week was different than any other recent week in training. I actually had a race this week! It has been since early December since I had ran a race and it was about time. In all realitity, it gas probably done me a lot of good not having a race for over a month. I have been able to just focus on training and get some good miles in. But I love to race, spit was great to have the F3 Half Marathon in Chicago this weekend.
- Monday- 8: 1 mile warm up, 6 miles of speed work, and 1 mile cool down
- Tuesday- 6 miles easy
- Wednesday- 6 miles easy
- Thursday- off, scheduled test day
- Friday- 4 miles easy
- Saturday- 17.1 miles: 2 mile warm up, F3 Half Marathon, 2 mile cool down. I will blog about the race later on this week.
- Sunday- off, scheduled day off
Total for the week: 41.1 miles
Total for January: 193.73
Total for the 2017: 193.73
My workouts were scheduled differently because of the F3 Half on Saturday. This meant that my speed workout was on Monday and I had an extra day off on Thursday. I typically take the day off two days before a half marathon or full marathon just to rest the legs and get a shakeout run the day before.
After not racing for a month, I now have another month off before my next race, the Mardi Gras Chaser 10k in Chicago benefitting Back on My Feet on February 25th (use code “RAVE” to save $5 on registration).
Other races I am running this spring:
- Glass City Half Marathon (register using code “brpsavings” to save $5) in Toledo, OH, The Hall of Fame Marathon in Canton, OH,
- Hall of Fame Marathon in Canton, OH (sorry, no discount code)
- Vermont City Marathon (use code “BibRaveDSCT” to save $5 on registration.)
Happy Running everyone!