Disclaimer: I received a pair of LEGEND Compression Wear Compression Performance Socks to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews.
I love compression socks. I have a whole stock pile of compression socks, some would say I have too many. But when given the opportunity to try out a new pair of compression socks from a new company, I couldn’t pass on it.
The Legend company began in August of 2015. Their mission is to help individuals extend the life of their legs through graduated compression technology. The socks that Legend has produced are different that other compression socks.
- As they say “Compression done right, not tight.” As I could tell when I first put on these socks, they are not as tight. In fact, they are a lot easier than other compression socks that I have worn to put on. Legend believes that this moderate or therapeutic level of compression is more effective during exercise.
- Open Toe Bed. Your toes are free to move and creating more comfort. Other compression socks keep your toes very tight and really you can’t move them much if at all.
- Arch Clencher. This is to help stabilize and keep the sock in place.
The specs on the Legend Vompression Socks:
- 15-20mmHG of graduated Compression
- Sports compression socks for all sports
- Promotes circulation for muscle performance
- Reduces lactic acid
- Improve muscle support and injury prevention
- UV protection
- Terry cushion toe and heel for ultimate comfort
- Moisture wicking
- Achilles and arch support
- Open ventilation and breathable design for comfort.
I tried the Legend Compression socks out on workouts and in races. I ran both the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon and Monumental Marathon in these socks. First of all, as I said earlier, the Legend Compression Socks are so easy to get on.
It’s nice when you are in a hurry to get a long run in or not quiet awake when getting dressed to not have to worry about having to fight to get your compression socks on. They are also very comfortable to wear. I think they nailed the “Compression done right not right.” It felt really good not to have the socks be too tight and able to move my toes.
As far as the compression on my calves, I was surprised on how the not as tight fit felt. My legs felt great during the whole run. Also, the last time I tried a pair of compression socks that were not as tight, they slid down my legs and were really ineffective. The Legend Compression socks did not slide down at all and stayed in place.
My overall experience with the Legend Compression socks are that I really like them. I think that they work very well and like the fact that they are not as tight as other compression socks. Most importantly, they are very comfortable as well.
Give Legend Compression socks a try ! Use discount Bibsave15 to save 15% on your purchase!