- We are about 17 hours away from the start of the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon
- I am laying in our hotel room, resting my legs watching Paw Patrol. With a 3 year old and 8 year old in a hotel, choices of tv program is quiet limited.
- I am about an hour and 15 minutes away from heading out and getting my pre race pasta dinner.
As I am resting, of course my head is thinking about tomorrow’s race. Weather is looking perfect. Temps will be near 40 degrees at the start. If I could pick my perfect temperature to run in, this would be it. But tomorrow is not a day for PRs. With a marathon in 2 weeks, this is simply a tune up race for me. I say that, but also I do have a goal to place well. Also slowing me down, besides myself, will be the course itself. There are some hills out there and I will not push the hills at all. I plan to put in no more effort in the hills than I am putting in on the flat sections. So with that all being said, my goals tomorrow will be
- Run 1:27-1:28
- Mile pace for first few miles at about 6:45 and pick it up to a 6:35 pace later on. Last 3 miles I may pick it up to fight for position.
- Place in top 3 in age division.
I really don’t want to run faster tomorrow than my goal marathon pace.
Race starts tomorrow at 8:30. Since we stayed in the Indiana side of the Ohio River, we do have to get up a little early to drive into town. If you are running find me before and after the race by the large orange BibRave banner. Would love to meet you!